Whew, I'm finally here in the Capsule Hotel, Alpine Garden!!! We took off this morning for the airport and I accidentally left my flight booking sheet behind. Bugger. So while JO had a meeting Marianne drove me the short distance back. But the police pulled us over!! Poor M was unsure what they wanted re I'd and handed them everything. Finally she found what they wanted and off we went a tad shaken. We made the airport in Faro in plenty of time and after teary goodbyes I checked in and took their advice to have my case booked thru all the way to Dubrovnik, despite overnight in Zurich. Fingers crossed its there tomorrow. Packed plane to Zurich and then trying to find the Capsule. Finally found it, outside opposite the check in area of airport. Then lots of codes, to check-in, to open the door, then get into my bed. I've checked everything out and will have a shower and head to bed. 4am start tomorrow morning!! Last sunset in Tav...
Weird I woke early again!! Tho I did have an early night!! Perhaps my sleeping in pattern is changing!! After breaky we headed further up north. Cold again but warm in the car. We first stopped at 2 Harbour and walked out on the breakwater and literally froze. A beautiful blue sunny day but the wind!!! It's known as the lake effect. Back in the car to Gooseberry Falls. Got a bit hot walking as more protected from the wind. Then onto lunch where we had meat and gravy!! Then onto Split rock where they built a lighthouse and fog horn to save the freighters from running aground like the Edmund Fitzgerald. Having seen Lake Superior close up I can attest to the sudden change in weather and conditions. After the lighthouse and foghorn were built/ installed no more crashed. We then went back to Penny and Brad's to drop them off and headed home via the bridge that goes up fir the freighters. We had a lovely stay with Penny who looked after us all so well. Back...
I had a lovely leisurely breaky and chatted to some Aussies from Sydney. I rejigged my case and zipped it up. I then rang my boys and Aunty Mavis while I had good internet and time. They brought my case down the 3 flights of stairs and I walked to the Shuttle bus. An easy walk by the water and downhill. Got the bus straight away and soon arrived at the Split airport. Very new and modern and young students helping to point you in the right direction. I could check in early and head to the business lounge. Nice and big but not much food. Waited to board and a couple from the bike and boat trip came over for a hug. Short flight so no big deal going business, but lovely food. Off in Vienna after seeing beautiful fields of green coming in. And cos my lay over is a long one, overnight I couldn't stay in the business lounge!! Girl was helpful so walked over to nearby NH hotel and another lovely girl gave me a very good rate, some fruit and a lovely roo...
Comments
Post a Comment