Whew, I'm finally here in the Capsule Hotel, Alpine Garden!!! We took off this morning for the airport and I accidentally left my flight booking sheet behind. Bugger. So while JO had a meeting Marianne drove me the short distance back. But the police pulled us over!! Poor M was unsure what they wanted re I'd and handed them everything. Finally she found what they wanted and off we went a tad shaken. We made the airport in Faro in plenty of time and after teary goodbyes I checked in and took their advice to have my case booked thru all the way to Dubrovnik, despite overnight in Zurich. Fingers crossed its there tomorrow. Packed plane to Zurich and then trying to find the Capsule. Finally found it, outside opposite the check in area of airport. Then lots of codes, to check-in, to open the door, then get into my bed. I've checked everything out and will have a shower and head to bed. 4am start tomorrow morning!! Last sunset in Tav...
Weird I woke early again!! Tho I did have an early night!! Perhaps my sleeping in pattern is changing!! After breaky we headed further up north. Cold again but warm in the car. We first stopped at 2 Harbour and walked out on the breakwater and literally froze. A beautiful blue sunny day but the wind!!! It's known as the lake effect. Back in the car to Gooseberry Falls. Got a bit hot walking as more protected from the wind. Then onto lunch where we had meat and gravy!! Then onto Split rock where they built a lighthouse and fog horn to save the freighters from running aground like the Edmund Fitzgerald. Having seen Lake Superior close up I can attest to the sudden change in weather and conditions. After the lighthouse and foghorn were built/ installed no more crashed. We then went back to Penny and Brad's to drop them off and headed home via the bridge that goes up fir the freighters. We had a lovely stay with Penny who looked after us all so well. Back...
Yes I packed in a bit today as it was a little cooler. I had a nice chatty phone call from Tim and then headed to the bus to Hyde Park corner. I then walked down to Buck house under the glorious shady trees. London really shines at this time of the year. All the gold is shiny and sparkles, flags and bunting everywhere. I got there in time for the changing of the guard as did the big crowd. I finally got up onto Victoria's statue and got a good view of the famous balcony. I walked back up and finally found the bus to take me to Fortnum and Masons. I decided to lash out on afternoon tea and yes it was a lash out. They add an extra £10 for service, really!! But it was lovely and definitely a one off. I couldn't eat everything so they pack it in a box and I shared it with the staff here at the Norfolk. Later I headed in by the tube to Charing Cross to see Mrs Warren's Profession. Imelda Staunton and her daughter were in it playing mother and d...
Hope you had a great trip
ReplyDeleteAt last I think I’ve solved the comment problem. Looking forward to your first message.
ReplyDelete