Thursday 25th May. Duluth and back to Plymouth
Weird I woke early again!! Tho I did have an early night!! Perhaps my sleeping in pattern is changing!! After breaky we headed further up north. Cold again but warm in the car. We first stopped at 2 Harbour and walked out on the breakwater and literally froze. A beautiful blue sunny day but the wind!!! It's known as the lake effect. Back in the car to Gooseberry Falls. Got a bit hot walking as more protected from the wind. Then onto lunch where we had meat and gravy!! Then onto Split rock where they built a lighthouse and fog horn to save the freighters from running aground like the Edmund Fitzgerald. Having seen Lake Superior close up I can attest to the sudden change in weather and conditions. After the lighthouse and foghorn were built/ installed no more crashed. We then went back to Penny and Brad's to drop them off and headed home via the bridge that goes up fir the freighters. We had a lovely stay with Penny who looked after us all so well. Back...









Comments
Post a Comment